A One Page Profile captures all the important information about a person on a single sheet of paper under three simple headings:
- what people appreciate about me
- what’s important to me
- how best to support me.
How can they help us to support people better?
One Page Profiles are deceptively simple, and in this simplicity lies their strength. They help us to support people better by:
- Helping us build better relationships by truly understanding what really matters to the person in their life and the way they are supported to live it
- Providing a record that can move with the person as they transition from service to service or use multiple services
- Being regularly updated to reflect people’s changing circumstances and aspirations
- When staff have One Page Profiles, the people being supported feel like they get to know the person, rather than just the job title
- When used at work, they can contribute to more person-centred teams, where individual strengths are recognised and different ways of working are taken into account.
Case Study and Example
A case study which has been written by a Sunderland Nursery is available to download from this page. It describes their experience of developing a one page profile with one of the children they support. You can also download a copy of the one page profile the Nursery produced which can be used as an example.